Hello. Here are some resources for those of you who are thinking about how to create maps or information graphics:
1. Book: Mapping Graphic Navigational Systems
2. Visual Complexity site
3. via behance
4. Sarah Illenberger's photographic illustrations
5. Book: Data Flow: Visualising Information in Graphic Design
6. Books by Edward Tufte are good resources
8. Nicholas Feltron's "social networking" creation, Daytum
9. Stefanie Posavec's work is about translating typography into form, rather than keeping it typographic, but still inspiring.
10. There are some really terrible looking tag clouds out there, we bet you can do better.
11. Dan Collier's hyperlink book